Sometimes you find the Demon....

After ending my studies at Western Illinois University, I moved to Northern Illinois University to start my future as a journalist. Hoping to one day be one of the best in automotive journalism.

After moving in with some of my friends, the new hunt was on. It was a completely new area to discover and explore. Who knew what lay around the next bend? Well, as I soon found out. Not much.

Therefore, I made a post on www.moparts.com about if anyone knew of anything lying around in the area. I didn't get much in the way of a response, except for a few here and there. One response sounded pretty good, a Dodge Demon sitting in a driveway, rotting away. The problem was it was near Joliet Illinois.

I had forgotten how far Joliet was from DeKalb and made a day to go find it. Deciding not to take any major highways, I had decided to plot my own course to the area of the Demon. It was a BIG mistake. A little over two hours later, I was finally in the area where the Demon was supposed to be.

The directions given to me were a bit sketchy. After another hour, I finally came upon the Demon. It looked in good shape. I made my move and knocked on the door. The owner of the car was there and we chatted for a while.

He let me go through the Demon completely, and it was for sale! The Demon started out as a basic slant six car, nothing overly special. Once I got into it more though, it needed more work then I could do on a students salary.

I had my 71 Challenger and other projects to think of. So I had to pass on it, and I now regret it. It would have been a fine vehicle for me with gas going up. I had visions of a little slant six Demon, stick shift, 20 MPG or better. Now I'm trying to find another one, to do the same thing all over again.

I returned to DeKalb, never seeing the little Demon again. I hope it went to a good home, somewhere warm.

Ryan
HemiPwr70@aol.com

DSC00719

DSC00723

DSC00730

No comments: