So... It's been a while!

I haven't posted on here in a while!  I hope all have been well, happy and healthy!

For the past few years I've been working steadily on multiple projects and media outlets.  Of course I produced my two books with Motorbooks a few years ago.  

Ryan Brutt's Books!

And for seven years I had a monthly column in Hot Rod Magazine.  You can go check out a good majority of them at this link.

Hot Rod Magazine Articles

I've also done articles for Mopar Connection Online Magazine

Mopar Connection Articles 

As well as Mopar Collectors Guide Magazine

I also did a small feature in The Journal of Antiques and Collectibles!  That was a fun one going over some of my favorite finds through the years.

The Journal of Antiques and Collectibles

 A little out of my wheelhouse I wrote a feature on a B17 Bomber that is being restored in a barn in Illinois for a British magazine called 'FlyPast' Magazine!  

FlyPast 

There have been and are a few big projects in the works that should be coming up to make things more exciting.  My big push for the past few months has been to grow my YouTube Channel.  I have content that I've sat on for years because of magazine time frames.  Now that 99% of the magazines out there no longer exist, I finally got off the pot and started rolling out content every Monday since September of 2021.

Auto Archaeology YouTube Channel


 It has been going fairly well.  I'm building up my base slowly.  I don't cheat like other people and buy their views and followers.  An added bonus is that the content has been so well received that other content providers are doing articles about content and I!

Hagerty ~ Barn Find AAR 'Cuda Article

Hagerty ~ Three Daytonas Article

Motorious ~ 72 Bengal Charger

Motorious ~ Hemi Cuda Barn Find 

Autoevolution ~ Three Barn Find Chargers

Autoevolution ~ 70 Six Pack Charger Field Find

Hot Cars ~ Double COPO Camaro

Hot Cars ~ Original Owner GTO Judge Garage Find 

 

There was a ton more, but I didn't want a long list.  I'm just happy to see that people are enjoying the content enough to write about it!

 Most don't realize that I'm friends with David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan from Roadkill.  Freiburger hired me to do my monthly column for Hot Rod personally, and Finnegan was a staffer at the time.  This was all pre-Roadkill.  I've been in a few episodes of Roadkill, usually in the background and trying to stay out of the way.  In 2021 I was fortunate enough to help them out of a bind, and they put me in Season 10, Episode 11 "Trading down and Giving Back!" where they trade down cars every day.

Roadkill ~ S10E11 Trading Down and Giving Back! 

Oh wait, there's more!  In 2021 I was able to watch and "help"  in an episode of Garage Squad!  They were working on a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona, which is right up my alley.  You see me in a few scenes in the background.  But I was there for two day!  Such a great group of people.  It is Season 7, Episode 10 titled "Daytona Delight".

Garage Squad ~ S7E10 Daytona Delight

Also I had a brief mention on a recent Episode of Jay Leno's Garage on a 1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire I found a few years ago.  My friend Eric Jensen restored the car to near perfection and Jay had the car on the show in his hangar.  It was really neat to see the evolution of the car, from sitting in a garage in Chicago, to being with Jay Leno!

Jay Leno's Garage

Eric Jensen's Jetfire Page 



One more thing!  With the pandemic going on, the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals were cancelled in 2020, but for 2021 we came back blasting!  I help organize the show, help with move in, move out and then run the Barn Finds and Hidden Gems display over the weekend.  Last year was exciting to say the least, and well received.  See you November 19th and 20th 2022 at the Rosemont Convention Center!  (Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals)

Hemmings Muscle Machines ~ MCACN 2021 

Hagerty ~ MCACN 2021 Coverage

Muscle Car Illustrated ~ MCACN 2021 Coverage


That's a good idea of everything going on over the past few years.  I'm going to work on this page a bit more, hopefully update it more often.  Things are changing rapidly, so who knows!  You can of course follow me on all my social media, I post there every day and you can drop me a line about any comments or questions you have.  I'll usually answer.  Also if you know of any cool Barn Finds, I'm always up for new adventures!

Facebook ~ The Auto Archaeologist

Instagram ~ The Auto Archaeologist

TikTok ~ The Auto Archaeologist

Twitter ~ Auto Archaeology 

Check out my newest YouTube Video!




No comments: