Duster in the field

Ever notice how different things look when you are higher up, going from my low Chevy Lumina, to the higher Dodge RamCharger, and then going to being in a Semi-truck, your view of the world changes.

On my last excursion with my friend to the gravel quarry, I noticed something orange in a field on our way there; it didn't look like anything, since it was deep in grass. I didn't think much of it, even on the return trip. My friend didn't say anything about it, so I pushed it to the back of my mind.

A little later in the week, I was passing by the area where the "thing" was and noticed it again, and from the vantage point of the RamCharger, it looked like a car, even a muscle car!

So on my return trip, I stopped on the shoulder and could see it was a Duster. From the road I snapped a quick picture of it, but I could not stay long. So I returned home.

I talked to a few people, made some phone calls about the car. Wondering if anyone knew who owned it. I eventually tracked it down to someone I knew already, who owned another yard full of old cars. So this was looking good.

I got a hold of the owner a few months later and he said I could go take a closer look at the car. That he thought it was junk. So I ventured out to the Duster and walked around it. Saw that it looked to have been drag raced at one time. But it was rough, full of junk, rust here and there. It was savable though.

I went back to the owner, and I told him that I would like the car if it was for sale. It was rough, but I think I could resurrect it. He told me $3000 and I could have it. I thought it was not worth that kind of money, and decided to pass on it. I let him know that if he wanted to lower the price, I'd be interested.

So last I saw the Duster, it was still sitting out off a dirt road in the middle of nowhere.

Ryan



Junkyards0355

Junkyards0850

Junkyards0849

Junkyards0851

Junkyards0852

Junkyards0855

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

$3000 for that. WOW